Being an innformed consumer almost always results inn greater satisfaction.photo © 2008 meg colombo | more info (via: Wylio)
This applies when you’re shopping for a vehicle, HDTV, or even a place to stay, such as a bed and breakfast inn. In the realm of modern technology if you simply accept all of the information presented by so-called experts (we like to call these "the Gorillas" aka those with all the money in any given industry), you’ll often miss out on opportunities that you won’t even know exist.
So take it from us innkeepers, whose days consist in making a special place for you at their inn, you want and deserve more than just a place to lay your head.
Why choose a B&B over a hotel?
- Delicious Home-Cooked Breakfasts (No stale pop tarts allowed!)
- Location (away from busy highways)
- Walkable (in town or out there is walking to be had)
- More guest space (common areas such as parlors, porches and ponds)
- Personable (We're here, not hired hourly front desk staff who will be gone in the morning)
- Concierge (and Innside Innformation on things to see and do locally)
- Care (Innkeepers care about their B&B's and will do their best to make them as lovely as possible for you, their guests)
We wanted to share this list with you, we want you to be innformed, we don't want the kayaks and pricelines of this modern age to sway your thinking that cheaper is better. Know what you are booking, go to their website - you work hard for you money - you choose where to spend it! If the inn has a nice website complete with photos of the rooms, a list of amenities, a page devoted to things to see and do in the area, online reservations and ...here is something "A BLOG" then you know you have hosts who are dedicated to make your stay exceptional! They are sharing innformation with you, trying to make sure you get the most for your hard earned buck!
THERE IS A BETTER WAY TO STAY! MAKE AN INNFORMED CHOICE
This article written by your innkeeper at The Claiborne House B&B in Virginia