There has been much discussion about this subject of late. How do we determine value? We all work hard for our money, so we want to get the most bang for our buck. So what is it that helps determine good value?
Innkeepers brought to my attention a few of the things that they do that you probably won't find when you stay at a disinfectant-to-cover-up-the-smoke-smelling hotel room.
A Few Bottomless Amenities:
- Cookie Jar
- Sodas/24 hr refreshment area (No, this is not the same thing as a mini-bar, how much does a coca cola cost from a mini bar? It certainly is not complimentary!)
- WIFI (always no charge for this, we treat you as our guests!)
- Parking (park here and walk to restaurants and shops, no extra charge!)
- Libraries (with books, games, DVD's - help yourself!)
- Space (grounds, gardens, porches, decks, lawns, trees, flowers, birds)
- Coffee (we serve great coffee
not service station brew)
So next time you think of a B&B as overpriced, consider some of the bottomless amenities, in addition to the personal welcome, the luxurious linens, rooms hand decorated with care, home-cooked delicious breakfasts, privacy, and all the other special touches you may encounter at the inn. Turn down chocolates, flowers in your room, these vary from inn to inn, but whatever inn you choose, know that the owners have a lot invested in making your stay a happy one!
So what do you think?
Are you ready to go bottomless?
Check out some B&B's that boast they are a "Better Way to Stay!" click here. To date there are 117 inns giving back by way of a special promotion called "B&B's Kick Gas!" click here for more information.
Article written by Shellie your innkeeper at The Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast in Blue Ridge Country Virginia! - "This ain't your granny's house!" (meaning, we are not your standard drill retiree innkeepers, come on our and visit these Blue Ridge Mountains!)