The Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast in Blackstone, Virginia. Visit their website: www.greyswaninn.com/
|Grey Swan Inn in Blackstone, Va. Located on Highway 460, the route of Lee’s Retreat civil war trail|
This 9 hole, par 35 course was built in 1935 and is located 27 miles from Blackstone, VA.
2. Poplar Hill Golf Club Golf Course - 3463 Farmville Rd, Farmville, VA 23901
Poplar Hill is a public resort 18 hole golf course that was built in 2006 and designed by Richard G. Robbins. It is 27 miles from Blackstone, VA
3. Brookleigh Country Club Golf Course - 36 Wedgewood Dr, Farmville, VA 23901
This is a 9 hole, par 35 course that was built in 1973 and is located 27 miles from Blackstone, VA.
* * *
The Doubleday Inn Bed & Breakfast on the Gettysburg Battlefield in PA. Visit their website: www.doubledayinn.com
|Doubleday Inn is the only Bed & Breakfast located directly on the Battlefield|
The same rolling hills that provided the backdrop for the Civil War's bloodiest battle today make for a peaceful golf outing that can be as relaxed or as challenging as you like! The Doubleday Inn Bed & Breakfast is situated directly on the Gettysburg Battlefield and within easy driving distance to several award winning public golf courses. Courses are generally uncrowded but confirmed tee times are always a good suggestion:
· The Links at Gettysburg A very scenic upscale course featuring lakes, streams, and red rock canyons about 6 miles south of Gettysburg.
· Penn National Two highly rated courses, one featuring traditional tree-lined fairways; the other, a classic link-style course with fabulous mountain views. About 20 miles west of Gettysburg in a golf community.
· The Bridges Golf Club Carved into the rolling hills among woodlands and wetlands is this challenging layout, one of the best in the area. Located about 15 miles east of Gettysburg.
· Carroll Valley Golf Club About 8 miles from Gettysburg at the Carroll Valley Resort. This course is wedged beautifully into a narrow valley surrounded by woodlands, especially beautiful in the fall. It is the least expensive of those mentioned
* * *
Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast in Rocky Mount, Virginia. Visit their website: www.ClaiborneHouse.net
|Centrally located 15 miles from the halfway point of the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA|
The Claiborne House is located in the land between the lakes in the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Premiere public golf courses are located waterfront at Smith Mountain Lake (approx 40 min drive.)
- Mariners Landing Golf & Country Club is an 18-hole championship golf course with an original design by world-renowned architect, Robert Trent Jones, Sr. The par 72 course has five different sets of tee boxes, offering fun and challenging golf to all levels of golfers, from beginner to professional. Located on the southwest side of the lake in Huddleston VA. (888) 297-7888.
* * *
|Away from the hustle & bustle|
Woodridge Bed and Breakfast in Pearl River / Slidell, Louisiana. Visit their website: www.woodridgebb.com
The 18-hole "Royal" course at the Royal Golf Club facility in Slidell, Louisiana features 6,655 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 73.1 and it has a slope rating of 112. Designed by Gerald Gatlin, the Royal golf course opened in 1969. Royal Golf Club is located 15 miles from Woodridge B&B .
Oak Harbor Golf Club is an 18 hole championship layout worthy of its critical acclaim, rated 4.5 Stars by "Golf Digest Places to Play." This is a semi-private club, this medium-length layout has adequate length for a regulation course. Overall this course plays quite difficult, at least from the back tees it does. Trouble surrounds many of the greens. Designed by Lee E. Schmidt; course rating is 72.7, a slope rating of 132, par 72 with 6885 yards. Oak Harbor Golf club is just off the lake and is about 15 minutes from Woodridge B&B, and will arrange t-times for overnight guests.
Pinewood Country Club 18-hole medium length regulation course with some holes quite challenging while others very forgiving. Course designed by Bill Bergin, with 6405 yards, par 72 with a course rating of 70.7 and a 124 slope. Pinewood Country Club is the closest course to Woodridge B&B– just a 5 mile drive and will arrange t-times for overnight guests.
* * * *
* * *The Thomas Shepherd Inn in Shepherdstown West Virginia. Visit their website: www.thomasshepherdinn.com
|Enjoy gracious hospitality in historic Shepherdstown|
Guests at the Thomas Shepherd Inn have golf privileges at Cress Creek Country Club, a private golf course just two miles away in the hillside along the Potomac River.
The golf course at Locust Hill, rated in the top 5 in West Virginia, is managed by Cress Creek but is open to the public. It is just about 20 minutes away from the Inn.
Just about 10 miles away towards Martinsburg, WV, Stonebridge golf course is a third option available to guests at the Inn.
|Awaken to the aroma of baking each morning of your stay|
Course Name #Holes Par Ave Fees Phone # From Shinnston
- Freeport Golf Club- 9 holes, par 36, 10 minute drive from the inn
- Brunswick Golf Club- 18 holes, par 72, 15 minute drive
- Val Halla Golf Course- 18 holes, par 72, 20 minute drive
- Toddy Brook- 18 holes, par 71, 20 minute drive
- Highland Green- 9 holes, pub, 20 minute drive
- Bath Country Club- 18 holes, par 70, 30 minute drive
* * * *
We innvite you to visit a bed and breakfast inn of your choice, check out their website do they have sights of interest, things to do, itineraries? If so, start planning your next getaway today. Every day is a special occasion! Come on out and celebrate life, rekindle the flame and get tee'd off!