Monday, June 27, 2011

A quiet moment with Agness


Hello again Kittens
Sorry I have been remiss in spending time with my social media friends. Being a staffless innkeeper, means my time is devoted to the guests this time of year, and less to me. But you understand I am sure we all have bills to pay.

Speaking of guests the more people I meet the more I like my dog. Now that is a true statement and she has been dead for 5 years. I am just clearing up that old innkeeper mystique that we do this job because we love people. We may
like people, some people, well maybe a few people, but we don't love people. We love our dogs, we love our chicago style pizza and our crab legs.

On that token, people have been fingering me for a couple websites that have arrived on the scene of late and I would like to make some clarifications in that department. I am who I am, or to quote Popeye "I yam who I yam." What you see is what you get with Agness, spunk and all. I don't need a website to share weird guest stories. I can just share them with you wherever I go. The two that I am talking about are:

Guests Suck http://guestssuck.com/ and http://guestssuck.com/blog/ (they must really think so to have two website telling you so). If you know me by now, you would know i rarely find reason to use the word "suck" I might say "this place blows" but never suck. So that should be your first clue. And for this line "More knitted brows" what the hell is a knitted brow? I asked my son to look into this for me, as people kept making comments and eluding to this being my piece o' work. He looked it up on his computer and found it is a west coast production, such as myself, but SW or NW I will leave that out of the equation for you to work out.

Another new website that appeared on the scene is Guests Inn-sanity http://guestsinnsanity.wordpress.com/ which I find humorous as I do know a handful of innkeepers who fit the bill with adding extra i's whenever they find them to make every statement applicable to innkeeping, but just between you and me, I think that is pretty stupid. This new one said the guests suck inspired them, or was that "inn-spired" them?

On a personal note I have begun an outdoor exercise regiment. Yes you read that correctly, a regiment, me. I decided that if I did not get out of the inn at least once per day I would die in this place! Again, nothing against our guests, they don't "suck" they are just sometimes a little too clingy, and I don't like that. When you are a solo innkeeper they feel they should be your friend, just give me the money and I will give you a nice room and nice breakfast. But i found the trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.

Until next time kittens, just remember you don’t stand alone. I also stand alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.